Looking for popular kitchen renovation ideas that add luxury, functionality, and storage space? At Dream Construction of Las Vegas, we’ve put together 4 great reasons to explore the double island trend for the cooking and dining areas of your home.
- More Kitchen Storage & Entertaining Space
- Better Kitchen Island Functionality
- Everyone Stays Involved In Family Fun
- Unique Kitchen Design & Arrangement Options
1. More Kitchen Storage & Entertaining Space
There are so many ways to add storage space to a kitchen, but why not double up on easy-to-access shelves and cabinets while also making room for more people around the table? With two islands, you can keep the things you need and use most often within reach while also extending your dining or meal prep surface area.
Choose models that include options like drawers, slide-out shelves, and cupboards, or custom design a layout yourself.
2. Better Kitchen Island Functionality
If cooking feels like a battle between having enough room for ingredients, being able to slice, dice, and sauté comfortably, and then having room to clean up at the end, a second island may be the solution. Ease the overcrowding and claustrophobia with a dedicated island for meal prep and cooking and another for dining and cleanup.
It’s easy when today’s kitchen islands can include sinks, stoves, and even wine fridges. Your luxury home builder likely has plenty of remodeling options and design details to help you make the most of your space.
3. Everyone Stays Involved In Family Fun
Do you ever feel stuck in the kitchen while the kids work on homeschool, the guys huddle around the game, or the family passes Thanksgiving goodies around? With double islands, you have room for everyone to gather together and stay that way, no matter who the designated cook or wash-up person is. You can be a part of the action or conversation and still get the work of housekeeping or entertaining done.
4. Unique Kitchen Design & Arrangement Options
If the look and feel of your kitchen remodel is just as important as its functionality, installing double islands can add beauty and usefulness to the heart of any home. The configuration options are endless, and there’s a style to match every home decor trend, from sleek and modern with stainless steel on top or elegant, furniture-like details with granite or quartz.
We invite you to explore your options and go with a general contractor for the perfect installation.
- L-Shaped Or Wrap Around — extends your counter space and wraps around your kitchen area.
- Adjacent or Side by Side — great for long kitchens.
- Mismatched — two different island styles used in the same room.
- Parallel — great when you want one surface for working and storage and the other for dining and entertaining.
- T-Shaped — great for smaller kitchens. The top of the T is generally the working or prep area, while the stem is designated for dining.
Double Island Kitchen Remodels In Las Vegas
Put your Las Vegas home to work for you with a double island kitchen remodel by Dream Construction, your local luxury home builder and general contractor. We can make sure you have the cabinetry, electrical, lighting, plumbing, and countertops you need to make dining, cooking, and entertaining doable and enjoyable. Contact us for a consultation today.