Design and build the luxury ranch style home of your dreams with Dream Construction in Las Vegas. As a local custom home builder, we take what’s popular about these sprawling homes and make it uniquely you. Why settle for someone else’s design or a look-alike home in a tightly packed development? Stand out from the crowd with a unique rancher built to your specifications.
What Is A Ranch Style House?
Sometimes listed as a California ranch, rambler, American ranch, or just rancher, ranch-style architecture is usually one-story and asymmetrical in design. These homes make the most of your indoor and outdoor space with courtyards and easy-to-landscape yards. They are also designed to combat the scorching weather of the southwest.
Features Of Ranch Style Architecture
How can you tell ranch style homes from every other type of house on the block? Some unique features set these houses apart and make them a favorite for new families, growing families, and retirees alike.
- Cross-Gables, Side-Gabled Or A Hipped Roof
- Simple Architectural Adornments & Details
- Stucco, Wood, Brick & Stone Materials
- Long, Low-Pitched Rooflines
- Deep, Overhanging Eaves
- A Courtyard Or Back Patio
- Sliding Glass Doors
- Attached Garages
- Large Windows
- Open Living, Dining & Kitchen Areas
- Single-Story Living Areas
- Split-Level Options
American Born Design
Unlike many other popular architectural styles imported from Europe, ranch homes were developed in the United States. They took the features people loved about Spanish Colonial architecture, cowboy ranches of the southwest, and Mexican haciendas and simplified them into suburban bliss.
Benefits Of This Home Style
A Las Vegas rambler can improve your day-to-day living in many ways. From easier accessibility for wheelchairs to spaces to enjoy our warm, year-round temperatures and sunshine, building a ranch-style home can make your lifestyle even better.
- Single level homes make it easier to clean, and they are handicap friendly.
- Picture windows and sliding glass doors mean more natural light.
- Easy to upgrade and update as your tastes change.
- They emphasize the outdoors for gardeners and entertainers.
A Rambler As Unique As You
Beginning at their roots, in the 1920’s with designer Cliff May, the modern ranch house has come a long way and seen many alterations. You may be familiar with some of these renditions of the rambler and find inspiration for your own custom home in looking back at these design styles.
- California Ranch House – L or U-shaped with an outdoor courtyard in the middle.
- Suburban Ranch House – a simplified version of the California, with an open concept floorplan and connection with the outdoors.
- Split-Level Ranch House – consists of three levels of living. Main living areas are on the main floor with bedrooms upstairs and additional space downstairs.
- Raised Ranch House – sometimes called split-entry houses. When you walk in the door, you choose between walking up to kitchen, bedrooms and main living areas or down to utilitarian spaces like garages and rec rooms.
- Storybook Ranch House – also known as Cinderella ranches. Charming details can include exposed rafters, diamond-shaped window panes, and ornamental trim.
- Executive Ranch House – includes luxury kitchens and double the number of bedrooms. Adds modern upgrades and updates to the traditional rancher.
Easy To Customize Luxury Homes
With Dream Construction as your custom home builder, you can easily incorporate any of these styles or details into your new house. Mix traditional, rustic country roots with a lot of class by combining some of today’s most sought-after designs.
We can do a build-in to get you the indoor style you’re going for too. Shabby chic, modern farmhouse and French country are all taken to the next level when you start with good interior design and construction.
Your Las Vegas Custom Home Builder
Capture a glimpse of your pool, garden or outdoor entertainment areas from anywhere in your Las Vegas ranch-style home when you build with Dream Construction. As a luxury home builder, we can offer you wide-open spaces and large windows and modern ranch charm. Customize your next home by calling us today for a unique design and build consultation.